Wednesday, October 2, 2013

The Four Corners


Remember the movie A Walk to Remember? And you know the part where Landon takes Jamie to the state line so that she could cross being in two places at once off her bucket list? Well when I was a kid I thought that was the coolest thing ever. My mind was completely blown when my mom told me about four corners, where four state lines come together and you can be in four states at once! So when mapping out our western road trip we had to make it one of our stops. So after Mesa Verde we headed to the state lines. We were hungry but wanted to get there before sundown, so trail mix and beef jerky were our sustenance as we rushed off to our destination. It was a good thing we did too, because the place closes at 5!! We pulled in at 4:45, I'm still amazed we made it in time. This is like a total road time stopping point and they close?? I was not expecting that. But we made it, and we had the place to ourselves. So we took our pictures then were rushed off the grounds by workers wanting to go home. As we were pulling out a car with California license plates pulled up. I felt sorry for those guys. But really, they close?

No comments:

Post a Comment