Friday, January 11, 2013

Christmas 2012


 
The semester finally ended on the 20th, by the way am I the only one who feels like that is a little to close to Christmas? We were only going to be home for 8 days, so each and every minute was spent doing something. This Christmas we did not plan a Santos trip to get away from all the busyness. Instead we helped my parents move into their new house so we could spend Christmas at home. It is amazing how I have no real attachment to this house, but it feel more like home then any house my parents have lived in. We had a Santos Christmas dinner full of everything yummy, secret Santa, ending the night with catch phrase and nurts. Mom and I had a little date night to Orlando for dinner and the Nutcracker. 
On the Russ side of things we had the annual Christmas Eve dinner and gifts from the grandparents. I loved watching all the kids open gifts and ended the night with face painting, sugar cookie decorating, spy gear, and countless rounds of doggy-do and electric shock ball. The Russ and Bills family also got together for Eliza’s Baptism, she is such a sweet girl. I’m glad we could all get together for her special day. 
Then we spent Christmas day with Russ and Santos alike at the movies, this year we watched Les Miserables (of course!!). I love that both our families go to the movies every year. At the end of the night we got to skype with Jari! Miss her like crazy! It was so nice to see her beautiful face. 
Like every year we wish we could have stayed longer, but all good things must come to an end.  

No comments:

Post a Comment