Sunday, March 20, 2011

One Saturday Morning at Manatee Springs

Remember watching Saturday morning cartoons?
Used to LOVE watching this every saturday.
Well, we don't do that anymore.  (Not because we don't own a TV and could care less if we ever do.) Because there are so many things to explore on this beautiful earth we live on.  Or I guess under the water as well. 

So on one cold Saturday morning this winter Adam, Richie, Wesley, Blake and I all went scuba diving.    
It was really cold... our feet and hands were numb before we got in the water.  

I mean look we have wetsuits on...
Adam and I trying to look happy in the cold
But once we got in the 72 degree springs it felt like bath water.  
There where many people at the Manatee Springs National Park that day, but we were the only one in the water.

It was nice having the whole place to our selfs.  

 Trying to strike a funny pose under water is hard

Blake caught a baby mud turtle,  

and we dove 75 feet into this cavern...
There was a sign down there that said something to the effect of "STOP! IF YOU PASS THIS POINT YOU WILL DIE!" (not joking) with a picture of the grim-reaper next to it.



We lived.





5 comments:

  1. That is so cool! I don't know if I'll ever be brave enough to scuba dive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean... Really I only got into it because of Blake and thinking of going 75 feet down scares me, but now I find it fun and not as scary as you might think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I totally remember watching One Saturday Morning :) I'm glad you guys lived! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm pretty sure you guys are the most fun and adventurous people ever. That looks so fun! The little turtle is cute! That is definitely better than cartoons.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks like so much fun!! Great photography too!

    ReplyDelete