Sunday, June 5, 2016

Paris, France

Our time in France was much more pleasant then we had expected. I don't know why people say the french are rude and expect you to speak perfect french when you visit. We did not get that vibe at all. I mean the subways were disgusting, and some of the alleyways smelled like pee, but all that can be forgotten once you get a crepe in your hand. I know many people are Nutella fanatics fans, but I am not one of those people. So my favorite crepe was sugar and fresh lemon juice. You should give it a try.
We could see the Notre Dame from our hostel, so we started our day off there.
While we were in Paris we decided to walk a lot more than ride the subway. I love seeing a city while walking through the streets. A few things that were different about Paris were the sidewalk vendors. I know a lot of cities have street vendors, but in Paris they are all uniformed and it was like walking through a flea market as we made our way around the city. I also loved the Paris roof tops, I feel like they are so distinct from other cities.
After we got to the Louvre and saw the line to get in, we almost changed our minds about going inside. However, because we had Lizzy we got pushed to the front without waiting. Then she took a nap while we enjoyed the museum. Everyone knows the Mona Lisa is on display there, but what is more impressive about it is the amount of people that go to see the painting. As for Blake and I, our favorite parts were learning about the history of the building, and seeing the remains of the old medieval castle. Plus the newer parts, like Napoleons apartments. Then it is always fun coming across paintings we have studied, and others you wonder why we have not studied. 
After the the Louvre we ate our way down avenue des Champs-Elysées to the Arc de Triomphe.
Then finally to the Eiffel Tower. We chose this as our last stop because we wanted to see the tower in the day and after sunset. While we waited for the sun to set we found things to occupy our time, like go on Lizzy's first carousel. Oh, and watching all the wine venders trying to sell even more alcohol to drunk tourists. It still was a stretch to stay for the light show, Lizzy was getting grumpy, but once the tower lit up she was mesmerized. I barely watched the show myself, because I could not seem to stop watching Lizzy watch the show. Even something like the Eiffel Tower is nothing compared your child's eyes light up. 
We loved our time in Paris, our only regret is not walking by the Moulin Rouge.

No comments:

Post a Comment