Sunday, January 19, 2014

Christmas Time in the City

^^ first night in New York and we ran into Sisters from Jari's Mission^^
^^Friends^^
^^Jari found this dollar while crossing the street to serendipity. It was a fortunate stroke of mmmm... serendipity ^^
^^ wish I had that ball of chocolate on my desk right now^^
I have always admired my friend Haley and her family for having a yearly girls retreat, it always looks like so much fun. So when we decided to have a girls weekend in the city I was pretty excited to call it our first annual Santos Girls Getaway (hear that mom? it's time to start planning for next year). I normally can't truly enjoy traveling without Blake, there's too many things I wish he could have seen and experienced, or foods I know he would have loved. But sometimes it's crazy fun to leave all the boys behind and get to spend 24/7 with my mom and sister, filling our days with truly girly things. My mom had never seen New York before, and boy did she see the place this trip. That woman amazes me! Not only did she keep up with the fast paced city and her daughters but she even passed me up when I felt like my feet could walk no more. In the end we crossed everything off our NYC Christmas list and more. We watched the ice skaters at the Rockefeller Center, went to the Christmas Spectacular, walked around Macy's, and 5th Ave to see the window displays, saw snow in central park, ate at Serendipity (we love that movie), and walked through the Christmas market where Jari and I became greek goddesses. We also went to the 911 memorial, saw the empire state building, spent an afternoon at the MET, watched and loved Wicked (it was my first time and the songs are still ringing in my head). We ate either French or Italian food everyday, always ending with dessert at someplace new. Went to the Manhattan LDS Temple and spent Sunday in New Jersey while we met/ate with the wonderful people of Jari's mission. I'm really missing those two right now, can't wait for our next great adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment