Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Angles Landing: Zion National Park

This was our last stop before our family reunion. We woke up in Vegas and drove to Zion National Park that morning. We arrived at the park just past the heat of the day. Which was perfect because we reached the top right before the sun sank behind the mountains. Also giving us enough time to make the hike down before dark. With my very limited experience in hiking (just don't get the chance living in Florida), this is definitely one of my favorite. The hike is hard yet doable, diverse, beautiful, and not your everyday kind of thing. It's about 5 miles round trip with an elevation gain of 1500 feet. I'm so proud of my mom for making it the whole way, she was the oldest lady I saw on the trail that day. Making all the young folks look bad I tell ya. After reaching the car and driving through southern Utah trying to find a Cafe Rio we got a full firework show celebrating Mormon Pioneer Day. It was a perfect ending to a perfect Western Road Trip with Family. 

No comments:

Post a Comment